This year Tokyo Paralympics is one of the country’s extraordinary achievements. India had sent 54 athletes to compete in nine sports. Including Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Swimming, Weightlifting. This is the biggest ever contingent India has sent to any Paralympics.
India has won 15 medals. Three gold, seven silver, and five bronze medals. Today Manish Narwal won Gold and Singhraj Adhana won a Silver medal in the Mixed 50m Pistol SH1 shooting. Pramod Bhagat won a Gold medal and Manoj Sarkar won Bronze in Badminton. Harvindar Singh won a Bronze medal in Archery.
Total 16 medals won by Indian athletes in Tokyo Paralympics. The list is here-
1) Avani Lekhara – Gold medal in Women’s 10m Air Rifle Shooting standing SH1 and Bronze medal in Women’s 50m Rifle three positions SH1.
2) Sumit Antil – Gold medal in Men’s Javelin Throw F64.
3) Manish Narwal – Gold medal in Mixed 50m Pistol SH1 shooting.
4) Pramod Bhagat – Gold medal in Badminton.
5) Bhavina Patel – Silver medal in Women’s Singles Table Tennis C4.
6) Nishad Kumar – Silver medal in Men’s high jump T47.
7) Devendra Jhajharia – Silver Medal in Men’s Javelin Throw F46.
8) Yogesh Khatuniya – Silver medal in Men’s Discuss throw F56.
9) Mariyappan Thangavelu – Silver medal in Men’s High Jump T42.
10) Praveen Kumar – Silver medal in Men’s High Jump T64.
11) Sharad Kumar – Bronze medal in Men’s High Jump T42.
12) Singhraj Adhana – Bronze medal in Men’s 10m Air Pistol shooting SH1 and Silver in 50m Pistol SH1 shooting.
13) Sundar Singh Gujrar – Bronze medal in Men’s Javelin Throw F46.
14) Harvindar Singh – Bronze medal in Archary.